Technical upgrades are made periodically to the Ethereum protocol. Upgrades typically comprise of Core Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs) that have achieved consensus across the Ethereum clients & community.
Ethereum blockchain upgrades
06/24/2016 read more
TTD : 200000 09/07/2015 read more
TTD : 1 07/30/2015 read more
In the section below you can find more information on past and upcoming network upgrades.
Shapella is a planned network upgrade to activate withdrawal of staking rewards.
For more information regarding Shapella do check our shapella page by clicking here.
The Merge is a planned network upgrade for switching consensus from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake.
- Mainnet upgrade date - Thursday, 15th of September
- TTD - 58750000000000000000000
- EIP-4399 : Supplant DIFFICULTY opcode with
- EIP-3675 : Upgrade consensus to Proof-of-Stake
- Ethereum Foundation's Mainnet Merge
For more information regarding The Merge do check our merge page by clicking here.